Monday, October 6, 2014

Santiam Canyon Bridges

I decided to visit two bridges along the lower Santiam Canyon--one in Mill City and one in Stayton. Once up in Mill City, I hiked around to find the best site to photograph the Mill City Rail Bridge (now used as a pedestrian bridge that makes one end of a rails-to trails system that only goes about a mile or two since the Mill City Log Mill is still in opperation) Unfortunately, what would have been my best shot composition-wise, turned out to be slightly out of focus, which means I will return to the bridge later in October when the trees are more colorful...



The other bridge, known as the Stayton-Jordan Covered Bridge, resides in a complex of four parks in south Stayton. to get the picture below, I waded out in cold water and discovered the stream was much deeper when my foot sank through 15 inches of mud and leaves. As with the bridge above, I will also be returning to this bridge later in the month for another shot...


No comments:

Post a Comment